Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy day after Fourth of July!

Hello Internet world! Sorry to be MIA this week. I just couldn't find anytime to sit at a computer this week and then we headed out on Wednesday to start our early holiday. I had started a post before we left Wednesday, since babes was home, but didn't get it finished. Story of my life.

So, I have just had a great few days. As I mentioned earlier, babes decided to take some vaca time. It was so nice having him home with me and the kids! We didn't do much Wednesday. We signed at the last minute to do the Firecracker Fast Fleet 5k run so we wanted to take it easy. We packed up and went to stay at his mom's house and had Mexican for dinner. The race was scheduled for 7:30 Thursday morning so afterwards we just came back to the house. I had started a 4th outfit for Lil so I finished it up and went to bed. We were up at 6 the next morning so we would have plenty of time to get our stuff. This was a HUGE race y'all! I think there was about 1200-1500 people. I was thinking, going into it, that I could PR since it was mostly down hill. But there were quite a few hills also and if I haven't noted this before, I don't do hills. But it was fun and I finished with a 10:33 mile. 
Me and the hubs with his brother and wife!

After we finished we packed up and headed to the lake for a night of camping. I haven't camped since before Luke was born and had a great time! I love being out on the water and the weather could not have been better! 
We had a great time hanging out with friends and drinking too much since we were childless. My MIL sent me this pic of the kids that night
I made Lil's skirt and shirt. I didn't make Luke's cause I have not learned to sew or embroider yet, though it is on the list.
And me and babes hanging out on the boat. Excuse the weird face from him! I hope y'all had a great 4th of July also! 

Also I wanted to let Courtney from A Few Days in the Life of Courtsie Ann B i havent forgotten about her! It was so sweet of her to nominate yours truly for a Leibster Award which I'm very excited about. I promise I am working on it!

I also wanted to make note that I have joined up with Holly and Amber for the JM's 30DS challenge. So I have my before pics and my measurements and I plan on getting those posted soon! 
 
Everyone have a great weekend!

                    Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment