Thursday, June 20, 2013

Saying "I DO!"

button 
So I'm doing something I rarely do.....LINKING UP! I actually love linking up and finding new blogs to read, but sometimes it's hard to find the time between two babies, school and work. But the babies are in bed,  I have put in my time this week for school and the hubs is out watching Game 7 so I got the evening to myself.

A little background for you first.
So Babe's(this is really our name for each other) and I had been together for two years when he purposed. I had moved to his hometown with him just nine months before. Why I moved off with a guy without a ring first is beyond me. I'm sure my parents were praying every night.

We had a semi-rocky start. He was a college kid when we met and had trouble committing and we broke things off for a while before we got together for good. We got engaged in September and set the date for May 15, 2005!

Now let me just say that we were very broke when we got married. And yet, I still tried to plan some big elaborate affair! I really am not sure what I was thinking. Should have taken the little bit of money I got and put it with our down payment on the house but alas I did not.




Right before I walked down the aisle!
The fountain outside the reception.
You can probably guess what's going on. :) look how young I am! Oh what eight years and two babies can do to a girl!

Location: A small church in an older neighborhood. I wanted outside but the hubs being the ever pessimist that he is worried about rain and heat and any other thing mother nature might throw at us. Just for the record, that is so him and he's still like that to this day. He loves to be the rain on my parade. Anyhoo, when we found this church we loved the size of it. We were only inviting about 100 people and that approximately what this church fit. So perfect. The reception was scheduled at a banquet hall downtown. It was awesome because you could have anywhere cater and it had an outside 'park' that was lite with a fountain. Beautiful. My father-in-law who was a funeral director at the time used one of the funeral home limos to drive us from the church to the reception. Now when your poor this is a great idea. But looking back now, a little weird.

Bridal Party: Ha! I really have to laugh when I look back on this part. My sweet BF tried to tell me the dress were ugly but I thought I was doing them a favor by finding something that wasn't $200!! But yes, the were horrendously ugly and a wretched shade of pink. I loved the colors: pale pink and black. But the dresses were just so horrible-color and all. I'm so sorry ladies that I made you were them.

First Dance Song: Etta James "At last". I'm really not sure why we choose this song. I think I heard it a few times in planning the wedding and decided it would work. I'm not disappointed in the choice-it's a beautiful song, but if I had to do it over i would probably go with the song I had always wanted to dance to, Vince Gill's "Just look at us". Not sure why I decided against it then. Maybe I'll have a vow renewal and play it then.

Honeymoon: Nothing at all I regret here! We went to Rivera Maya, Mexico to a all-inclusive resort for seven day and it was bliss! Couples massages, horseback riding on the beach, too much food, even more liquor(in room liquor dispenser!). This was Babe's mom's gift to us(and a partial down payment on a house) so we got to splurge a little. I'm a total beach girl so I wouldn't change this. Unless she had given us 10,000, which in that case I would've booked a trip to Bora, Bora. Maybe for the 10 year. Hey look, a second reason for a vow renewal!

So, do I regret anything?  Eh, Maybe. It was fun. We danced and partied for five hours. If I was planning now I would definetly do a beach wedding. And if it wasn't a beach wedding, it would be smaller than what I did. I probably would only have my sister as a bridesmaid and I would go for something outside in the fall. I also would have a change of dress into something a little more casual(but still glamourous, I am still a girl) to party in. One biggie....I would hire a professional photographer. Worst mistake, EVER! I wish I had better pictures to show the kids when there older. But it is what it is. We had a great time parting with people we are still friends with today and that I do LOVE!

It's getting late So I will check in later, lovelies!   

                                                              Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment